Interview Skills for Panelists (eLearning)
This course is intended for panel members and panel leads. This course begins by looking at the basic hiring process. It then describes the roles and responsibilities of both panel leads and panel members. Next, it discusses the importance and legal obligation of keeping candidate and interview information confidential. It reviews questions that should be avoided during interviews that could potentially cause legal issues. Lastly, it provides you with some interviewing tips allowing you to make better candidate selection decisions. If you are a panel lead, it is also recommended that you complete the Hiring Process eLearning course found in LMS.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the basic hiring process.
- Describe panel lead and panel member roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure all candidate and interview information is kept confidential.
- Avoid questions that may cause potential legal issues.
- Identify interview tips that may help you make candidate decisions.
- Avoid common interviewing errors.
Competencies Covered: Human resources, Interviewing
Intended Audience: Public sector organizations, teams, and individuals
Instructions to access the eLearning: Register for this eLearning now with the Washington State Learning Center. Search for: WA State Interview Skills for Panelists in the Washington State Learning Center.
Contact DES training team with questions at Traininginfo@des.wa.gov.