Paid Family & Medical Leave (eLearning)
We know that the most important things in life happen outside the workday. People we care about become ill. Families welcome new members. Big moments that need extra attention come along for all of us. Support in these times means we can be stronger both at home and at work. Paid Family and Medical Leave, or PFML, is an essential benefit that offers paid time off to Washingtonians when they need it the most.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Define Paid Family & Medical Leave (PFML).
- Identify the different types of leave that are available.
- Explain the eligibility requirements.
- List the amount of time allowed under PFML.
- Summarize the steps required to apply.
- Estimate the weekly benefit amount one would receive.
- Explain the steps required to continue to receive benefits.
Competencies Covered: Human Resources, Paid Family & Medical Leave
Intended Audience: Public sector organizations, teams, and individuals
Instructions to access the eLearning: Register for this eLearning now with the Washington State Learning Center. Search for: WA State Paid Family and Medical Leave in the Washington State Learning Center.
Contact DES training team with questions at Traininginfo@des.wa.gov.