The Excellent Communicator – Advanced Communication Skills for the Professional Setting
In this training, participants will acquire both verbal and nonverbal skillsets to improve their professional interactions. Effective communication is essential for building strong relationships and thriving organizations. Linguistics research indicates that effective communication has three key components: visual cues, tone, and words used. During the course, attendees will learn professional strategies that improve interactions while managing their emotional responses and effectively responding to others. The training will prepare participants to accurately "read" others and respond appropriately for successful outcomes.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Accurately interpret and understand nonverbal cues.
- Use nonverbal communicate to improve communication.
- Remain poised and professional in high-pressure interactions.
- Create solution-oriented questions for maximum information gathering.
- Identify your communication style.
- Refine your voice tone for positive and professional messaging.
- Utilize listening techniques to reduce miscommunication.
- Assert your point without creating tension or hostility
Competencies Covered: Verbal and nonverbal communication skills
Intended Audience: Public sector managers and employees