The purpose of this policy is to ensure that all procurement professionals and those with acquisition responsibilities use approved, legally compliant strategies that encourage and facilitate the purchase of goods and services from small, diverse, and veteran-owned businesses to the maximum extent possible. Agencies must take action to remove barriers that prevent small, diverse, and veteran-owned businesses from receiving equitable access to state goods and services procurements.
About the policy:
- Its purpose is to increase purchases of goods and services from Washington small, diverse and veteran-owned businesses.
- It includes accountability measures for agency leadership.
- DES will consider agencies’ compliance with the policy as part of the risk assessment that determines agencies’ delegated procurement authority.
- Interactive supplier diversity handbook
- Find small, diverse, or veteran-owned businesses on statewide contracts
- For state agency purchasers and leaders: Supplier diversity introductory slides (PDF, 1.14 MB)
- Video recording of the morning session
- Video recording of the afternoon session
- Subscribe to updates about this policy and future sessions.
Supplier Diversity Policy updates archive
- Supplier diversity policy takes effect April 1 - March 14, 2023
- Supplier diversity outreach resources - February 16, 2023
Available in Washington State Learning Center
Required training: Available in Washington State Learning Center
Training must be complete by April 1, 2023
- Procurement professionals and contract managers course name: WA State Supplier Diversity Training
- Agency leaders course name: WA State Contracts and Procurement for Executives Training
Workshops for state agencies
- OMWBE, DES workshops for implementing supplier diversity strategies - register now!