Get the latest news on the EDGE pilot program at DES
Sign up to get updates and news on our EDGE program and its policy development work.
The EDGE program's purpose
The EDGE pilot program is for public works contracts under $1 million.
It will provide training, technical assistance, and networking to help mini and micro businesses become prime contractors on state public works construction and improvement projects. Program participants will also receive access to EDGE-only bid opportunities for one to three years.
EDGE eligibility requirements
Public works firms are eligible for EDGE if they're:
- A mini or micro business
- In business at least four years
- Located in Washington state (physical or economic presence)
- In good standing
- In possession of all necessary licenses, registrations, and permits to do business in Washington
What is a micro or mini business?
- Micro business: A business with annual gross receipts of $1 million or less in Washington.
- Mini business: A business with annual gross receipts of $3 million or less in Washington.
EDGE program components
The key components of the EDGE program include:
- Required DES public works training
- Required no-cost access to professional certification (for first attempt)
- Hands-on technical experience and assistance for navigating the Washington bidding rules and process
- Connection with experienced firms and industry professionals through advisory groups
EDGE policy development
We're developing a policy statement to complete the details of the program. We'll be seeking public input as soon as a discussion draft is ready.