HR Case Studies
Apply what you have learned to real-life HR case studies. Develop a “best practice” framework to analyze scenarios, determine risks, and recommend next steps.
This course is a required for the Human Resources Certificate and is designed around HRCI® and SHRM exam content areas to prepare you for the examination.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the structure of the strategic planning process and be able to apply strategic processes and cultural development activities to help create an employer of choice.
- Work through development of an employee selection tool and test its efficacy.
- Evaluate selection systems.
- Garner additional skills and experience in appropriately addressing employee relations issues as they arise.
- Identify key workforce planning activities and demonstrate competency in their utilization.
- Develop specific and concise employee learning objectives for training that provide you the means to evaluate whether the training was successful.
- Evaluate & discuss various types of risks that HR should be aware of and proactive in preventing.
Competencies Covered: Human resources
Intended Audience: Individuals seeking to enter the field of human resources; non-HR professionals in supervisory roles who have the responsibility for interviewing, training, evaluating, or disciplining employees; and new or experienced managers interested in learning more about efficient employee management skills
Prerequisite: This course is best suited to current HR professionals or students who have completed both Human Resource Essentials and Strategic HR Management.