Budgeting for the Non-Financial Manager
This course provides an overview of the Washington State budget process and related financial processes and systems. You will learn to use the budgeting process as a resource for implementing goals and policies, as well as how to monitor your budget. The course includes in-depth interactive activities on the subject matter, as well as a number of hands-on exercises.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the overall budget process in Washington State government.
- Know who the key players are and their roles in the state budget process.
- Have an understanding of the key elements of effective budget monitoring.
- Understand the budget planning process.
- Interact with confidence in budget-related matters.
- Know where to obtain budget information.
- Understand the budget processes related to the Legislature.
- Utilize the best techniques for obtaining new funding for programs.
Competences covered in this course: Analysis, fiscal accountability, and planning
Intended Audience: Public sector supervisors & managers