Access 2016 Level 3
Make Access Applications so your users don’t need any Access knowledge or training to work with your databases. Create custom menus and screens that restrict what users can see and do. Expand your knowledge of Microsoft Access to create clever solutions to common problems. Learn to separate the data from the presentation, making upgrades easier and allowing different applications to easily use the same tables.
In this class you will create interactive forms to find and summarize data and automatically guide users to the screens and reports they need. The class will use a combination of advanced parameter queries, Visual Basic for Applications, SQL, and ActiveX data objects (ADO) to turn your Access databases into user-friendly applications.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Use Visual Basic for Applications, the programming language within Access, including writing reusable code, working with variables, and understanding Access objects.
- Understand Linked Databases including the value in separating tables from the queries, forms and reports of the application.
- Combine advanced parameter queries with controls and use domain functions to find related data and present results in forms and reports.
- Understand how to use forms to get the right data for reports.
- Automate interactions between Access and other Microsoft Office products. For example, create a button on a form to automatically email a report.
- Work with Unbound v. Bound forms using ADO and DAO to build lists and edit data on the fly based on user input.
Competencies Covered: Access 2016 Applications
Intended Audience: Public service employees who want to automate Access databases
Recommended Prerequisites: To be successful in this course participants should have a strong background in Access databases, including implementing relationships, building queries using multiple tables, and creating forms and reports. Completion of Access classes, levels 1-3 is recommended. No programming experience required.