Questions concerning grammar usage often come up at work. When you look at grammar usage books, do you find yourself confused and at a loss for answers? How many of the latest changes in grammar do you know? This workshop covers the basics of grammar, word usage, spelling, and punctuation. Everything covered in this fast-paced workshop has a practical application for writers.
NOTE: This course supports the principles of Plain Talk.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the importance of studying grammar.
- Understand Nouns, Pronouns, Adjectives, Adverbs, and Prepositions.
- Understand Verbs and Subject/Verb Agreements.
- Form plurals and possessives.
- Know when to capitalize words.
- Identify parts of a sentence.
- Use major punctuation marks effectively.
Competencies covered in this course: Written Communication
Intended Audience: Public sector employees who write, edit, proofread, or prepare final copy for distribution or publication.