SQL Server Administration
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Install and configure SQL Server 2012
- Manage SQL Server Agent jobs, alerts, and operators
- Implement security features
- Back up and restore databases
- Monitor and troubleshoot SQL Server
- Optimize performance using the Resource Governor
- Improve productivity with the Database Engine Tuning Advisor
- Discuss strategies for high availability
Competencies covered in this course: Covers SQL Server Administration for 2008 and 2012 versions.
Intended Audience: IT Professionals with 6 months or more experience in administering network servers and Database Administrators.
Prerequisites: SQL Fundamentals or equivalent knowledge