HR Risk Management
This class covers developing, implementing/administering and evaluating programs, plans and policies that provide a safe and secure working environment and to protect the organization from liability.
This course is a required for the Human Resources Certificate and is designed around HRCI® and SHRM exam content areas to prepare you for the examination.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand and apply federal, state and local workplace health, safety, security and privacy laws and regulations.
- Develop and administer occupational injury and illness compensation programs.
- Develop and administer occupational injury and illness prevention programs.
- Describe investigation procedures of workplace safety, health, and security enforcement agencies.
- Assess workplace safety risks.
- Assess workplace security risks.
- Identify potential violent behavior and workplace violence conditions.
- Develop general health and safety practices.
- Develop incident and emergency response plans.
- Describe internal investigation, monitoring and surveillance techniques.
- Understand issues related to substance abuse and dependency.
- Develop and monitor business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Identify data integrity techniques and technology.
- Develop and administer internal and external privacy policies.
Competencies Covered: Risk management as it relates to human resources
Intended Audience: Individuals seeking to enter the field of human resources; non-HR professionals in supervisory roles who have the responsibility for interviewing, training, evaluating, or disciplining employees; and new or experienced managers interested in learning more about efficient employee management skills
Prerequisite: Human Resource Essentials