HR Risk Management (8 Hours)
Thisclass covers developing, implementing/administering and evaluating programs,plans and policies that provide a safe and secure working environment and toprotect the organization from liability.
Course is designedaround HRCI® and SHRM exam content areas to prepare for the examination.
Performance Objectives: At the completion ofthis course you should be able to:
· Understand and apply Federal,state and local workplace health, safety, security and privacy laws andregulations
· Develop and administeroccupational injury and illness compensation programs
· Develop and administer occupationalinjury and illness prevention programs
· Describe investigationprocedures of workplace safety, health and security enforcement agencies
· Assess workplace safetyrisks
· Assess workplacesecurity risks
· Identify potentialviolent behavior and workplace violence conditions
· Develop general healthand safety practices
· Develop incident andemergency response plans
· Describe internalinvestigation, monitoring and surveillance techniques
· Understand issuesrelated to substance abuse and dependency
· Develop and monitor businesscontinuity and disaster recovery plans
· Identify data integritytechniques and technology
· Develop and administerinternal and external privacy policies
Competencies covered inthis course:Risk management as it relates to human resources.
Intended Audience: Individuals seekingto enter the field of human resources; non-HR professionals in supervisoryroles who have the responsibility for interviewing, training, evaluating, ordisciplining employees; and new or experienced managers interested in learningmore about efficient employee management skills.
Prerequisites: Human Resource Essentials.