Program & Project Management
Project Management Essentials
This course addresses the nuts and bolts of project management essentials and is for anyone charged with leading a project team to successful completion. You will discuss basic fundamentals as well as participate in hands-on activities that will help you plan and execute projects on time, stay on budget, and work with maximum efficiency.
Note: This is a core course in the Project Management Certificate Program. Successful completion fulfills 15 Professional Development Units toward certification or professional development.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Describe how the culture and structure of an agency influences projects.
- Explain key project management process standards.·
- Demonstrate essential project management competencies. ·
- Discuss the importance of risk analysis, mitigation and monitoring.
- Define the phases of a project including the project vision, objectives and scope.
- Plan a project's key stages.
- Develop and manage scope of work.
- Define tasks, sequences and time estimates.
- Implement critical path analysis.
- Manage project controls to ensure project success.
- Relate project management principles to practical real world experiences.
- Incorporate quality management techniques in a project.
Competencies covered in this course: Project Management
Intended Audience: Public sector employees who are responsible for planning and managing projects. This course applies to private, public, government municipal and federal entities.