Course Code: 01-03-ECOE
Crucial Learning Crucial Conversations for Mastering Dialogue Online (eLearning)
Crucial Conversations Online takes the award-winning dialogue skills of top performers’ on-demand—but it’s not the dry, sleepy experience you’ve come to associate with online training. Crucial Conversations Online turns traditional online training on its head by harnessing the latest instructional design behind modern learning to deliver a flexible, social, and interactive experience that translates into real behavior change.
A crucial conversation is a discussion between two or more people where stakes are high, opinions vary, and emotions run strong. These conversations, when handled poorly or ignored cause teams and organizations to get less-than-desirable results.
This course will provide you with skills to handle controversial and heated issues. You will learn how to catch problems early and resolve disagreements candidly and respectfully. You will also learn how to discuss issues in a way that makes it safe for everyone to speak. This course is active and engaging, with frequent skills practice, intense class participation, personal reflection, planning, and commitment.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Describe what a healthy crucial conversation looks like when being candid and respectful.
- Identify your own communication style “under stress” and ways to decrease vulnerabilities while enhancing strengths.
- Describe how to restore safety to a conversation by fixing misunderstandings, maintaining mutual respect, and establishing mutual purpose.
- Describe how to be persuasive without being abrasive.
- Apply tools to help others stay in dialogue - helping them move away from strong and emotional conclusions and back to their observations.
Competencies covered in this class: Communication effectiveness