Editing & Proofreading for Public Sector Professionals
Acquire essential editing and proofreading skills for every form of writing in the public sector. Produce error-free work that stands up to scrutiny in a regulatory environment.
Learn how to convey complex information in clear, focused content. Lead others to find, understand, trust, recall, and use what you and your peers write. Gain confidence and technical competence to edit your work and the work of others.
Learning and Performance Objectives:
Gain experience and skills in this immersive workshop to:
- Edit to ensure all users can find, understand, and use all content.
- Use plain language, design thinking, and UX writing standards to help users succeed.
- Use sentence structure and information design to lead readers through content.
- Edit to cut clutter and complexity.
- Spot and correct all grammar errors.
- Correctly use pronouns, ensure subject-verb agreement, choose the right words, and punctuate properly.
- Edit to achieve the right tone for each user and purpose.
- Find and fix spelling errors.
- Lead editing workgroups.
- Use provided job aids: editorial checklists, spelling prompts, and correct word choice guides.
Competencies Covered: Written Communication
Intended Audience: Public sector executive and administrative assistants, office staff, and other professionals who write, edit, or proofread a variety of written documents.