Program & Project Management
Project Management Fundamentals for Non IT Staff
This introductory project management course is designed for non-IT staff to learn the basics of project management. This course addresses the project management essentials and is for anyone interested in the Project Management arena. You will learn how to identify stakeholders, create a project scope statement, create a project plan, identify project risks, and develop a communication plan. You will also learn how to close a project.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of project management.
- Identify stakeholders.
- Establish clear and measurable outcomes.
- Clarify roles and responsibilities.
- Identify project risks.
- Create a project schedule.
- Create a communications plan.
- Document lessons learned.
Competencies covered in this course: Personal Skill Development; Professional Skills
Intended Audience: Public sector employees