Excel Formula Favorites: 2013/2016
Do you find yourself wanting to go beyond the typical basic Excel formulas like Sum, Average, Min/Max, and Count? This one-day class will show you how to do just that! You will be able to take your “raw data” in Excel and summarize it even more efficiently by using the following concepts and tools .You will expand your Excel functions knowledge to include:
- Logical Functions: If, If error, Sum/Average/Count If
- Reference Functions: VLOOKUP, Match, Index
- Text Functions: Concatenate, Large/Small, Left/Right, Upper/Proper/Lower
- Date Functions: Today, Now
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Nested Functions, utilizing a combination of the above formulas for very effective results
- Text to Columns to split a single column of data into multiple columns
- Data Validation to expedite the use and application of the above function formulas
- Subtotals to quickly calculate rows of related data
- Range names to simplify building function formulas
- Recognizing and handling typical formula errors
Competencies covered in this course: Functions and formulas to be used in working with large amounts of data.
Intended Audience: Anyone who works with large amounts of data in Excel
Prerequisites: To be successful in this course, you should be familiar with using personal computers, the mouse and keyboard. You should be able to use Windows to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders. To ensure your success, we recommend you have a good understanding of Excel.