Expand your knowledge of Microsoft Access as you learn to get more from your data quickly and easily. In this class you will create interactive forms to find and summarize data and guide users to the report you want with only the entries you need. The class will use a combination of advanced parameter queries, Visual Basic for Applications, SQL, and ActiveX data objects (ADO) to quickly turn data into information presented on screen or print.
You will also learn to separate the data from the presentation, making upgrades easier and allowing different applications to easily use the same tables.
Performance Objectives: Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the basics of Visual Basic for Applications, including writing reusable code, working with variables, and understanding Access objects.
- Understand Linked Databases including the value in separating tables from the queries, forms and reports of the application.
- Combine advanced parameter queries with controls and use domain functions to find related data and present results in forms and reports.
- Understand how to use forms to get the right data for reports.
- Work with Unbound v. Bound forms using ADO and DAO to build lists and edit data on the fly based on user input.
Competencies covered in this course: Automation in Access databases
Intended Audience: Participants who want to automate Access.
Recommended Prerequisites: To be successful in this course participants should have a strong background in Access databases, including implementing relationships, building queries using multiple tables, and creating forms and reports.