Relational Database Fundamentals
Finding agile solutions in a technical world and delivering technology projects can be difficult, particularly understanding how different technological elements work together towards a solution. This is the recommended sixth class of the Technical Solutions Delivery Certificate that provides an overview of technological understanding to help in the communication of projects and working relationships.
Class format includes lecture, hands-on exercises, and real world examples.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this class, you should be able to:
- Define and identify relational databases
- Understand the steps in database design process
- Review table design standards, including naming conventions and data types
- Describe database relationships and constraints and why they are so important
- Normalize database tables to follow best design practices
Competencies Covered: Overall review of technical structure
Intended Audience: This course is ideal for anyone, but especially communications professionals, who are involved in the conception. This class is aimed at non IT professionals to gain an understanding with the IT world.
Recommended Prerequisite: To be successful in this course, you should be familiar with using personal computers, the mouse and keyboard. You should be able to use Windows to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders.