User-Centered Design and Usability 101
This two-day class will provide you with the basic methodology, knowledge, and tools required to approach a website design or application building project with the principles of User-Centered Design and Usability. In addition, you will learn about ADA components to build into your design making your website user friendly and ADA compliant.
This is the seventh class in the Graphic Design Certificate.
Performance Objectives: Upon successful completion of this class, you should be able to:
- Develop an idea through a user-centered process.
- Formulate a foundation in user-centered design, usability, information visualization, and concepts of interactive design including web design.
- Construct web page design through an understanding of the users, business, technology and compliance.
- Recognize the common considerations for navigation, presentation, writing, and interaction by using important testing and research methods
- Develop usability testing and reporting then tweak and refine websites to keep users on the site
- Explore and use techniques for designing accessible websites that are ADA compliant
Competencies Covered in this course: Fundamentals of User-Centered Design
Pre-requisite: Experience creating or maintaining websites or experience building applications.
Audience: Current or prospective web designers (or editors) or developers.