Program & Project Management
Communications Skills in Project Team Management & Leadership
Successful completion fulfills 15 Professional Development Units towards SPSCC certificate completion and can be submitted to PMI subject to their audit process.
It has been said that 80% of all project issues are people and/or ineffective project communications. This emphasizes the need for more effective communication, management, and leadership skills, in order to be a successful project manager. This 2-day will provide an understanding of critical communication skills and the human factor of project management people-based management and leadership skills.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Implement basic leadership techniques to form and strengthen project teams.
- Understand the essential elements of effective communication.
- Understand the role of personality and its effect on the communication process.
- Prepare a Communications Management Plan.
- Understand communication tools within the five project management phases.
- Conduct a successful meeting.
- Identify the characteristics of an effective presentation.
- Understand the basic personality types and how to leverage them to the project advantage.
- Understand how to motivate a diverse workforce.
- Facilitate team decisions.
- Manage and resolve interpersonal conflicts.
- Manage difficult team members.
- Strengthen team accountability.
- Identify the dynamics and importance of team communications.
Audience: All interested employees responsible with the planning and management of any type of project.
Virtually Led Trainings: If you’re registering for a virtual training, the classroom link and materials will be sent to you separately within 1-2 business days before the scheduled class date.