Franklin Covey 6 Critical Practices of Leadership
First-level leaders make a significant impact on every metric in your business: employee productivity and engagement, customer satisfaction and loyalty, innovation and financial performance. They are the creators and carriers of culture for their teams and directly influence whether top talent stays or leaves. They are frequently responsible for the quality of the customer experience, and first-level leaders and their teams are the biggest source of product and process innovation. Your first-level leaders are the “Difference-Makers” in your business.
This course equips first-level leaders with the essential skills and tolls to get work done with and through other people. The program is ideal for new first-level leaders who need to transition successfully from individual contributors to leaders of others. It also applies to leaders who have been in their roles for some time, and are looking for practical and relevant guidance on how to effectively lead and manage their teams.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Explore the critical mindset shifts that will maximize your success as a leader of others.
- Increase engagement of team members by conducting regular 1-on-1s, deepen your understanding of team member issues, and help them solve problems for themselves.
- Create clarity about team goals and results; delegate responsibility to team members while providing the right level of support.
- Give feedback to develop team member confidence and competence; improve your own performance by seeking feedback from others.
- Identify specific actions to help team members navigate and accelerate through change and achieve better performance.
- Use weekly planning to focus on the most important priorities, and strengthen your ability to be an effective leader by applying the 5 Energy Drivers.
Competencies covered in this course: Leadership Development, team development, change management.
Intended Audience: First-level public sector leaders