Course Code: 01-03-EC03
Crucial Learning Crucial Conversations For Mastering Dialogue
A crucial conversation is a discussion between two or more people where stakes are high, opinions vary, and emotions run strong. These conversations, when handled poorly or ignored cause teams and organizations to get less-than-desirable results.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Describe what a healthy crucial conversation looks like when being candid and respectful.
- Identify your own communication style “under stress” and ways to decrease vulnerabilities while enhancing strengths.
- Describe how to restore safety to a conversation by fixing misunderstandings, maintaining mutual respect, and establishing mutual purpose.
- Describe how to be persuasive without being abrasive.
- Apply tools to help others stay in dialogue - helping them move away from strong and optional conclusions and back to their observations.
Competencies covered in this class: Communication effectiveness
Intended Audience: Public sector employees in lead positions.