Because the best leaders sharpen their saw on a regular basis, Leadership NEXT is a repeatable course designed for alumni to continually acknowledge their progress, update their learning, and receive real-time coaching on new strategies for overcoming current challenges in their workplace. Through a series of hands-on exercises and guided conversations participants will deepen their knowledge of what it means to manage and lead effectively within the present context of their organizations.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course participants should have knowledge and be able to:
- Express a deeper understanding of how they achieve success
- Pinpoint whether current obstacles are driven by process issues, people problems, or their own behaviors
- Consult with themselves and others on best practices in leadership, process management, change, influence, communication, motivation, and dealing with conflict
- Clarify the costs and benefits of the variety of options available to them
- Coach and be coached on creating viable plans to implement immediately upon returning to work
Come prepared to discuss: What areas have you improved upon as a result of the trainings AND what isat least one organizational issue you have been unable to resolve that you would like to work on next.
Audience: You must have completed all five courses of the SPSCC Leadership Certificate to be eligible for Leadership NEXT
Pre-requisites: This class is offered only to participants who have completed all five classes in the South Puget Sound Community College Leadership Development Certificate.