This class covers the development/selection, implementation/administration and evaluation of compensation and benefits programs for all employee groups that support the organization’s strategic goals, objectives, and values.
This course is a required for the Human Resources Certificate and is designed around HRCI® and SHRM exam content areas to prepare you for the examination.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand and apply federal, state, and local compensation, benefits and tax laws.
- Develop and implement total rewards strategies.
- Apply budgeting and accounting practices related to compensation and benefits.
- Identify and implement job evaluation methods.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate job pricing and pay structures.
- Identify and evaluate external labor markets and/or economic factors.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate pay programs.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate benefits programs.
Competencies Covered: Compensation, benefits, and other employee rewards as they relate to human resources
Intended Audience: Individuals seeking to enter the field of human resources; non-HR professionals in supervisory roles who have the responsibility for interviewing, training, evaluating, or disciplining employees; and new or experienced managers interested in learning more about efficient employee management skills
Prerequisite: Human Resource Essentials