Changing World of Work and Employee Relations
This is a one-day course designed to provide an overview of basic labor laws and rights of employees, unions, and management. We will address the grievance process, the negotiation process, common elements of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), and many other issues relating to employee relations.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic labor laws and employee rights.
- Understand of the discipline process.
- Understand union rights vs. employer’s rights.
- Describe common elements of an MOU.
- Prevent and/or process grievances.
- Understand the role of regulatory agencies.
- Use basic fact-finding and investigation techniques.
Competencies Covered: The grievance process, basic labor laws, elements of an MOU, negotiations
Intended Audience: Human resource professionals, managers/supervisors