Accessible Office Documents
This course is designed to equip learners with the skills to create and edit Microsoft Office documents to ensure accessibility. It covers all the major office applications - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint - and provides a comprehensive overview of the necessary techniques for ensuring accessibility for all users.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of digital document accessibility.
- Effectively use the alt text features for images.
- Select suitable fonts and colors to enhance accessibility.
- Use built-in accessibility checkers and make modifications as needed.
- Create accessible tables.
- Appropriately use styles and layouts.
- Create accessible links.
- Understand the responsibilities of including videos and audio in documents.
- Understand the importance of having electronic versions of print media.
Competencies Covered: Accessibility, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Requirements: Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Intended Audience: Public sector employees