Self-Regulation: Creating Habits of Ease
This course on self-regulation teaches empowering practices to manage stress. By using a series of self-regulation and co-regulation exercises teams can dramatically improve their work culture and performance. These practices can also be to directly address compassion fatigue, vicarious trauma, and burnout.
Self-regulation practices are efficient, effective, and easy to bring to life. Taking only 1-2 minutes, these practices can be readily applied on the go, in the heat of the moment, at the start of team meetings, or in client and community settings. Participants will learn how to make micro-changes that promote micro-learning moments throughout the day and week.
The program is built on the latest research in neuroanatomy, brain sciences, somatic intelligence and breathwork. Learners will anchor new habits and skills through an action learning approach. To support multiple learning styles, written, visual, and experiential materials will be used. Reflective exercises are utilized to reinforce relevance, application, and team learning.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Improve your brain health, performance, mental clarity, listening abilities, and social engagement by getting more oxygen to your brain.
- Know your smart body and create a foundation for wellbeing.
- Address the impacts of vicarious trauma and stress by balancing your nervous system and brain.
- Understand the RESTORE paradigm and why a body-up approach is foundational to care.
- Understand the power of Restorative Anatomy as both a trauma-informed approach and an essential aspect of restorative justice.
- Use personalized self-regulation strategies in your life and work.
- Understand mirror neurons and how to stay self-regulated as others are dis-regulated.
- Practice co-regulation with others to see the power self-regulation when applied at the team/organizational level.
- Integrate self-regulation practices into the culture of work and create a culture of health.
Competencies Covered: Self-regulation, stress management, leadership development, team building, psychological safety on teams
Intended Audience: People in formal and informal leadership roles where they want to foster a culture of collaboration, well-being, psychological safety, and co-learning