Adult Learning Theory
Would you like to create more effective training sessions? In this course, we will discuss the basics of Adult Learning Theory which will assist you in designing more effective, engaging courses- both online and in-person. Help your learners gain mastery of the subject with trainings that will stick with them beyond the course.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the basics of how adults learn.
- Identify and create clear objectives.
- Create clear learning plans.
- Use formal and informal assessments for practice versus mastery.
- Develop formative and summative assessments.
- Design and implement strategies for engagement.
- Create materials/ visual aids that maximize understanding and engagement for both in-person and on-line training.
- Understand the importance of voice and style for e-learning modules.
- Conceptualize online e-learning plans.
Competencies Covered: Teaching/training, communication, learning assessments
Intended Audience: Public sector employees