SharePoint 2016 for Site Owners
This course provides hands-on practical knowledge for the Microsoft SharePoint 2016 site owner or super user. Whether you are creating a new site for your team or project or have inherited an existing site, this course shows how to use site owner features effectively to customize your pages, lists, and libraries for maximum team efficiency. Take advantage of SharePoint’s robust, no-code customization options and detailed permission settings. This course covers many of the new and powerful enhancements specifically for site owners or anyone interested in taking a more active role in supporting and customizing SharePoint team sites for their members. This course is also helpful for managers or supervisors who want to be more familiar with SharePoint’s capabilities and is highly recommended for IT staff who support site members and owners.
This course is designed for SharePoint site end-users charged with managing and customizing sites, making site-wide changes, and setting permissions.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Create sites using SharePoint’s built-in templates
- Understand and modify user and group permissions
- Customize site titles, description, and themes
- Customize navigation menus
- Create and manage site templates
- Create, edit and implement web part and wiki pages
- Work with Web parts
- Create lists and libraries
- Manage custom meta-data columns and content types to use with lists
- Create custom list views using advanced features
- Create and manage a SharePoint Survey
- Enable and configure library versioning and ‘required checkout’
- Understand workflows and implement the built-in SharePoint workflows
- Create, manage and delete ‘alerts’ for other team members
Audience: This course is designed for anyone creating or customizing SharePoint sites and features; including handling permissions at the site, list, library or specific item level.
Prerequisites: SharePoint 2016 User class – or equivalent knowledge and proficiency when working with the interface and features of a SharePoint 2016 team site. Familiarity with Office applications such as Word, Outlook, and Excel is expected.
Book: SharePoint 2016 User’s Guide: Learning Microsoft’s Business Collaboration Platform 5th Edition ISBN-13: 978-1-4842-2243-0