Communication Styles & Skills Advanced
Communication is a vital part of our everyday lives, whether it be in our personal relationships or professional environments. However, it can be difficult to effectively communicate with others without understanding the different communication styles and techniques. This advanced Communication Styles & Skills course offers the opportunity to do just that. Participants will learn how to reduce and eliminate communication barriers, handle difficult communication situations efficiently and confidently, develop techniques to increase communication proficiency, and improve sending and receiving skills.
By the end of the course, participants will have a better understanding of the four communication styles and how to integrate them when receiving messages sent by any of the four styles. They will also be able to blend all four styles when sending messages so that they can be clearly understood without being offensive. Moreover, they will gain an understanding of the technical elements of the communication process, responsibilities of sender and receiver, and areas for improvement in each individual's personal & professional communication style.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to
- Effectively integrate and adapt to the four different communication styles when processing messages received from varying communication approaches.
- Skillfully blend the four communication styles
while delivering messages (speaking/encoding) in a manner that ensures clear
comprehension by the receiver without causing offense.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the technical components involved in the communication process.
- Recognize the individual responsibilities and roles of both the sender and receiver during communication.
- Identify their own key learning requirements to enhance their communication style and determine areas that need improvement.
- Comprehend and apply the concept of the ladder of inference to personal and professional communication scenarios, facilitating better understanding and decision-making.