Work Life Harmony - Not Balance!
Have you ever tried to find work life balance but ended up feeling like you weren’t succeeding at work or at home? There’s a better way! In this fun and informative training, we will explore what work life harmony is and how it can improve your overall well-being.
Extensive research has shown that achieving and sustaining work life harmony has a significant impact on one’s engagement at work, overall wellness, and productivity. In the most recent Global Workforce Report, Gallup reported that one of the leading causes of burnout is a lack of separation between work and life. We will explore strategies to mitigate the risks of burnout and increase work life harmony.
In this training, we will explore how to build and sustain work life harmony as an individual, and how to support others to do the same. We will also do a deep dive into boundaries – how to set and maintain healthy boundaries at work – because clear boundaries are an important piece of work life harmony. You will learn tools and skills that you can implement immediately.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Define work life harmony and why is it important.
- Assess your current level of satisfaction achieving work life harmony.
- Explain why work life harmony reduces employee burnout.
- Describe the four dimensions of work life harmony.
- Recognize the connection between work life harmony and wellness at work.
- Distinguish between behaviors that will cultivate work life harmony and those that will not.
- Develop boundaries that will support your specific goals of work life harmony.
- Measure your current satisfaction with work life harmony.
- Apply the skills and tools you learn in class to improve your work life harmony.
- Design an action plan that you can begin using right away.
Intended Audience: This training is designed for?anyone interested in creating and sustaining work life harmony. It can be particularly helpful for those who are experiencing stress or burnout in the workplace. The course is also helpful for managers, supervisors and HR professionals who support others in the workplace. HR professionals may earn 5 CEU credits for SHRM.