Prevent and Overcome Burnout for Those Who Do Not Supervise
Burnout is a state of emotional, physical, and mental exhaustion caused by excessive and prolonged stress. Burnout can have serious consequences, affecting both individuals and organizations. In the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has reported that stress levels in American workers are at an all-time high. Gallup reports that 76% of workers experience burnout at some point.
The good news is that burnout is preventable and reversible. Taking proactive steps to understand and manage stress can help individuals to stay energized, engaged, and productive. This training will cover the causes of burnout, how to prevent it, and strategies for overcoming it. Attendees will leave with a personalized toolkit of resources to help them prevent and overcome burnout, and help their team do the same.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Define burnout and identify its causes.
- Describe the three dimensions of burnout.
- Identify the signs and symptoms of burnout.
- Assess your current energy and burnout level.
- Explain the importance of managing workplace stress and promoting employee well-being to prevent burnout.
- Develop a personalized resilience plan for preventing and overcoming burnout.
Competencies Covered: Personal wellbeing, burnout
Intended Audience: This training is designed for anyone interested in preventing and overcoming burnout. It can be particularly helpful for those who are experiencing stress or burnout in the workplace. HR professionals may earn 2 CEU credits for SHRM.