Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace
Using the concepts from The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the workplace by Gary Chapman and Paul White, this training assesses and helps work teams to create positive work environments through effective expression of appreciation. This training seeks to teach the fundamental concepts that help employees, supervisors and managers effectively communicate appreciation and encouragement to their coworkers resulting in higher levels of job satisfaction, healthier relationships and decrease cases of burnout and leaving the job.
Learning performance objectives:
- Understand the benefits of appreciation and what happens when people don’t feel valued at work.
- Learn to distinguish the difference between recognition and appreciation and the importance of authentic appreciation.
- Understand how different individuals expressed and perceive appreciation in the work environment.
- Learn how to apply “Motivation by Appreciation Inventory” results and how to utilize them to work culture improvement.
- Learn how to overcome the barriers that might keep you from continuing to practice the 5 Languages of Appreciation.
Competencies Covered: What authentic appreciation is. What the 5 languages of Appreciation are. How to implement them into the work environment.
Intended Audiences: Public sector employees, supervisors, managers, and directors