Personal & Professional Development
Problem Solving and Decision Making
Every day, we are faced with various decisions and problems to solve - even before we get out of bed in the morning (should I hit snooze or get up now?). In fact, it's not uncommon for us to make up to 50 decisions before we even leave for work. However, there are some individuals who struggle with decision-making and find themselves feeling anxious or overwhelmed when faced with the task. You may know someone like this who even has trouble deciding what to eat, let alone tackling major decisions in the workplace.
And while some people may look at effective solutions and think "I could have figured that out," finding creative answers to problems isn't just about being creative - although that certainly helps. The true key to success lies in our ability to identify options, research them thoroughly, and then piece everything together in a way that works. By having a structured process to approach problem-solving, we can alleviate the anxiety that often comes along with making major decisions. And that's exactly what our training program will equip you with.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Apply problem-solving steps and tools.
- Analyze information to clearly describe problems.
- Identify appropriate solutions.
- Think creatively and be a contributing member of a problem-solving team.
- Select the best approach for making decisions.
- Create a plan for implementing, evaluating, and following up on decisions.
- Avoid common decision-making mistakes.
Competencies Covered: Making decisions, problem solving, strategic analysis
Intended Audience: Public sector employees