Personal & Professional Development
Interviewing for Success - Making a Positive Impact During the Interview
Are you one of the many job seekers who has struggled during an interview due to nervousness or lack of preparation? This course can help you make a positive impact and feel more confident. We'll cover communication strategies that convey self-assurance, likability, and positive leadership presence. From articulating your strengths to handling tough questions, we'll show you how to present yourself in the best light possible. You will also learn you how to impress employers and follow-up effectively after an interview. With training and practice, the many skills needed to interview well can be honed. This course will provide you with the knowledge and confidence to make a great impression and land the job you desire.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Project poise and professionalism during an interview.
- Convey credibility and confidence to prospective employers.
- Utilize effective verbal and nonverbal communication to make an immediate impact.
- Build a positive rapport with interviewers.
- Refine your voice tone to convey a positive, professional message.
- Identify the factors that often result in poor interviews and negative impressions.
- Effectively prepare for an interview.
Competencies Covered: Verbal and nonverbal communication, listening techniques, job interview preparation and follow-up
Intended Audience: Public sector managers and employees