Negotiation - Real World Strategies for the Professional Setting
Effective negotiation skills are indispensable in every aspect of life. In the professional setting, the ability to communicate clearly and accurately, persuade others, and mediate conflicts is crucial. This seminar is designed to equip you with practical strategies and techniques for negotiating with others, including those with more power than you.
Through interactive training sessions, you will learn the art and practices of principled negotiation. This class covers a variety of negotiation styles, their advantages and disadvantages, and how to adopt a new approach beyond your default style.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Improve communication to minimize misunderstanding.
- Be confidently assertive without seeming aggressive.
- Effectively manage different types of conflict.
- Arrange the setting and utilize a pre-negotiation check list for a successful negotiation.
- Discern your primary negotiating style.
- Understand sources of power and methods to reduce dependence on others.
- Utilize multiple negotiation methods.
- Determine the best strategy for negotiations whether it be competitive or collaborative.
Competencies Covered: Negotiation, communication skills, power dynamics, and influence
Intended Audience: Public sector managers and employees