Leadership Fundamentals for Staff
We all are leaders because we all have influence. And yet how can you capitalize on your current leadership strengths as a staff member? This course covers essential skills to help you maximize your sphere of influence and become a trustworthy and competent leader. Regardless of your experience level, you will leave equipped with core leadership skills to make an impact within your agency now. Take this opportunity to grow and prepare yourself for future leadership opportunities within your organization.
This course is only available to schedule for a group of participants at your organization. Each offering can be customized to your team's specific needs.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Communicate with authenticity and build trust.
- Recognize and value differences in perspectives and approaches.
- Enhance your essential leadership skills such as coaching, building teams, and providing recognition.
- Foster a culture of high performance, engagement, and collaboration.
- Leverage valuable best practices to help you navigate competing priorities and expectations.
- Build better relationships with your manager, teammates, and stakeholders.
- Create a cohesive, effective team with strategies to increase morale, collaboration, and performance.
Competencies Covered: Self-Awareness, relationship-building, social and emotional skills, workplace belonging, communication skills, leadership skills, team building, stress reduction
Intended Audience: Public sector employees in non-managerial positions