Reasonable Accommodations for Supervisors (eLearning)
This course provides supervisors with the foundational knowledge to recognize and manage reasonable accommodation requests. It begins by looking at the direct and indirect benefits, for the organization, in providing reasonable accommodations. It defines each reasonable accommodation category and the six basic types of reasonable accommodations. Next, it discusses organization responsibilities as they relate to reasonable accommodations. Lastly, it defines and provides examples of undue hardship. Supervisors will walk away with numerous reasonable accommodation resources.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize direct and indirect benefits for providing reasonable accommodations.
- Define each reasonable accommodation category.
- Recognize and manage a reasonable accommodations request.
- Identify the six basic types of reasonable accommodations.
- Discuss organization responsibilities related to reasonable accommodations.
- Define undue hardship.
Competencies Covered: Human resources, Reasonable accommodations
Intended Audience: Public sector organization supervisors
Instructions to access the eLearning: Register for this eLearning now with the Washington State Learning Center. Search for: WA State Reasonable Accommodations for Supervisors in the Washington State Learning Center.
Contact DES training team with questions at Traininginfo@des.wa.gov.