Sexual Harassment Prevention for Supervisors (eLearning)
This course contains the same information that is in the Sexual Harassment Prevention for All Employees (eLearning) plus information that is specific to supervisors and managers. As a supervisor, you have the opportunity to positively influence, impact, change, and sustain your workplace environment. You have the ability and are obligated to create a safe working environment. This course will discuss your role in addressing and/or reporting inappropriate behaviors immediately. It also reviews information regarding Quid Pro Quo and Retaliation sexual harassment specific to supervisors and managers.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify strategies to prevent sexual harassment and apply tools to address inappropriate behaviors.
- Define the three forms and two types of sexual harassment.
- Identify other behaviors and different considerations that may impact interpretations.
- Distinguish the difference between sexual harassment and other inappropriate behaviors.
- Explain and apply the laws and definitions related to sexual harassment.
- Identify the roles of the state, organization, manager, supervisor, and all employees.
- Be an active bystander.
- Recognize the direct and indirect effects of sexual harassment.
- Create a positive workplace culture built on integrity, respect, and inclusion.
- Take immediate action addressing and/or reporting inappropriate behaviors.
- Recall the consequences when inappropriate behaviors are not addressed.
Competencies Covered: Human resources, Sexual harassment prevention
Intended Audience: Public sector organization supervisors
Instructions to access the eLearning: Register for this eLearning now with the Washington State Learning Center. Search for: WA State Sexual Harassment Prevention for Supervisors in the Washington State Learning Center.
Contact DES training team with questions at Traininginfo@des.wa.gov.