Suicide Awareness (eLearning)
Suicide rates are increasing throughout the US and Washington State. Organizations and coworkers can play an important role in supporting an employee who is struggling. Organizations can help by implementing suicide prevention, intervention, and postvention strategies. Studies show that supportive relationships, such as coworkers and community connectedness, can help protect individuals against suicide. WE ALL PLAY A ROLE!
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize the risk factors and warning signs of suicide.
- Help prevent suicide by applying the LEARN.
- Support your team and organization if a coworker or customer has attempted or died by suicide.
- Apply prevention, intervention, and postvention strategies as a supervisor, manager, or HR professional.
- Access resources about suicide prevention.
Competencies Covered: Human resources, Suicide prevention
Intended Audience: Public sector organizations, teams, and individuals
Instructions to access the eLearning: Register for this eLearning now with the Washington State Learning Center. Search for: WA State Suicide Awareness in the Washington State Learning Center.
Contact DES training team with questions at Traininginfo@des.wa.gov.