The Hiring Process: Module II – Interviewing (eLearning)
This module will provide you with information and tools to build interview questions, select panel members, perform interviews, and offer the position to the candidate. It also provides you with information related to onboarding and retention. You will be reminded throughout this module to always practice confidentiality during the interviewing process. This module will also provide you with resources you can use throughout this module and thereafter.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the basic interviewing process.
- Define the notion of Performance Based Interviewing.
- Explain and apply the seven Performance Based Interviewing steps.
- Define and avoid common interviewing errors.
- Perform screening methods to vet top candidates.
- Verify and extend job offer to candidate.
- Recall onboarding and retention information.
- Practice confidentiality throughout the entire interviewing process
Competencies Covered: Human resources, Interviewing, Recruitment
Intended Audience: Public sector organization supervisors, hiring managers
Instructions to access the eLearning: Register for this eLearning now with the Washington State Learning Center. Search for: WA State The Hiring Process: Module II- Interviewing in the Washington State Learning Center.
Contact DES training team with questions at Traininginfo@des.wa.gov.