Advanced Professional Skills for Creative, Willing Partnerships with Customers
Your success at work hinges on your ability to foster strong relationships with those around you. This means building exceptional connections with not only your customers, but your manager, employees, coworkers, vendors, and other departments as well. In fact, the Harvard MBA program defines "customer" as anyone you must deal with. To build such exceptional relationships, you need advanced communication skills and the ability to match communication styles, decipher personality types and act in ways that create a feeling of connection. This course will cover the advanced professional skills to build partnerships, enhance your professional effectiveness, and set you apart.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Maintain your composure during tense interactions.
- Build positive relationships with others.
- Create meaningful connections that inspire collaboration.
- Read nonverbal cues.
- Use your vocal tone to create a positive impression.
- Understand your conflict style and improve your interactions in conflict situations.
- Use listening techniques to improve communication flow.
- Assert your point without causing irritation or conflict.
Competencies Covered: Verbal and nonverbal communication skills, self-care, conflict resolution
Intended Audience: Public sector employees and managers