Learn patterns and logic to make grammar rules easy to understand, remember, and apply correctly in any context. We’ve plain talked the Gregg Reference Manual for you to create useful, direct, clear guidance.
Make the right call without wading through a patchwork of outdated grammar rules—learn the logic behind the rules to make the right call for your purpose and task. You’ll find writing tasks easier, and your workplace writing will stand up to scrutiny.Learning and Performance Objectives
In this course, you gain experience and skills to:
- Use grammar, word choice, and sentence structure together to convey meaning.
- Use simple, clear logic to apply grammar and style rules in the flow of your work.
- Ensure subjects match verbs and pronouns.
- Connect ideas and clarify with grammar and structure.
- See and describe important syntactic grammar to others in plain language.
- Coach others with grammar suggestions and revisions in terms they understand.
- Use and share updates to punctuation rules, pronoun use, and design standards.
- Produce error-free work that stands up to scrutiny in a regulatory environment.
Competencies Covered: Written Communication
Intended Audience: Public sector employees who write, edit, proofread, or prepare final copy for distribution or publication.