Leading Through Difficulty: Emotional Intelligence, Communication & Conflict Management
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Assess Emotional Intelligence: What it is, why it matters and how to improve it.
- Practice deeper stress reduction and better management of your triggers.
- Discover how conflicts are shaped by expectations, perceptions and lifelong coping patterns.
- Understand the link between feelings and behaviors.
- Identify your most often used conflict response strategies and communication styles.
- Implement an interest-based approach to help both sides get their needs met.
- Have the right conversations, with the right people, in the right ways.
- Understand the importance of communicating in ways that leave others feeling uplifted.
- Recognize ways to allow everyone in conflict to 'save face'.
- Use the components of the conflict 'process' when mediating impasse between others.
- Use tools for bringing up difficult conversations in productive ways.
- Practice rehearsing how to face your next conflict head-on.
Competencies covered in this course: Performance Leadership, Communications Effectiveness, development and continual learning, Resolving Conflict.
Intended audience: Mid-level functional or technical managers who want to grow in leadership standing and in their ability to influence positive organizational outcomes. Also team leads and supervisors who want to learn about management for future roles.