Negotiation Skills for Women
Negotiation Skills for Women is a two-day skill building course designed for women who want to manage workplace conflict. The course builds negotiation competencies by teaching women to engage in courageous conversations.
With a focus on the gender dimensions of conflict resolution and negotiation strategies we provide women with the tools to develop interpersonal communication and negotiation skills.
Participants will practice with real-world negotiation scenarios. They will engage in discussions, role plays, and teach-backs in a supportive co-learning environment.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Create durable negotiation agreements
- Prepare negotiation strategies
- Identify and choose the most effective conflict-management style for the situation
- Identify and respond to gender-related negotiation biases
- Problem solve with shared values and interests
- Actively listen in negotiations
- Define your negotiation goals and targets
- Develop effective negotiation options and alternatives
- Create a personal negotiation plan
Competencies Covered: Collaborative negotiations and problem solving, Conflict management, Active listening, Assertive communication, Interpersonal communication