This 3-day course covers the fundamental practices necessary to achieve the efficient support and delivery of high quality, cost effective IT services. The course is organized around the ITIL Foundation level Certification Exam syllabus and includes self-study practice tests for anyone who will be registering for the certification exam.
Performance Objectives: Upon successful completion of this course you should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of ITIL service management practices
- Understand the ITIL Service Lifecycle
- Gain a common understanding of concepts and definitions
- Review Key principles and models
- Understand the Service purpose, objectives and scope for processes including:
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operation
- Continual Service Improvement
- Explore role, objectives and structures for various functions
- Recognize roles and responsibilities
- Review how technology and architecture can expedite processes
Competencies covered in this course: The day-to-day support and management of processes to improve service management in an organization.
Intended Audience: Any IT professional with a role in the support and delivery of IT services or preparing to take the ITIL Foundation Certification Test.
Recommended Prerequisites: While this course has no specific prerequisites, it is assumed that participants will have a basic level of IT literacy.