Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
NOTE: Participants should be aware: On Day 3 of the training you will have the opportunity to practice what you have learned by participating in a disaster simulation. Casual clothing and closed toe shoes are required all three days.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Identify and anticipate hazards
- Prepare for disaster situations
- Reduce fire hazards in the home and workplace
- Extinguish small fires
- Conduct light search and rescue
- Set up medical treatment areas
- Apply basic medical techniques
- Help reduce survivor stress
Intended Audience: Employees involved in Safety or Risk Management programs.