Personal & Professional Development
Program Stakeholder Engagement & Governance
Program governance is addressed during the course, as a mechanism for ensuring the ongoing maintenance and support of programs. Program endorsement, funding, reporting and control, decision-making and quality are emphasized as critical to program success.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand and importance of stakeholders to programs and the program management lifecycle
- Complete and document an initial and ongoing stakeholder analysis to define and support program goals and objectives
- Build, maintain and leverage a stakeholder register
- Appreciate the importance of excellent communications to program success and the need for planned stakeholder communications management
- Build an effective Communications Plan to manage and control stakeholder needs and concerns
- Define and apply the principles and methods of effective program governance
- Understand the essential roles and responsibilities included in program governance
- Recognize, develop and apply program governance activities and tools.
Audience: Employees whose work involves the planning and management of programs.This course applies to private, public, government municipal and federal entities.
Prerequisites: Program Management.