Emotional Intelligence in Practice: Manage Workplace Emotions
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Recognize their emotions and have gained skills and hands on strategies to keep their emotions in check.
- Understand what role their thoughts play in fueling their emotions. “What you think is what you feel and what you feel is how you act”.
- Learn how to reframe their thinking to positively channel their emotions gaining practiced skills in “cognitive restructuring”.
- Identify strategies for using their emotions to improve communication and becoming skilled at using tools to achieve more skill in these areas.
- Identify and practice techniques to handle difficult situations more effectively and improve working relationships.
Competencies covered in this course: four skills that together make-up Emotional Intelligence, self-Awareness, self-regulation, social-awareness and relationship management.
Intended Audience: Public sector employees