Tools & Resources
There are many resources available to you before, during, and after a layoff. You may also have local resources within your community. Be sure to familiarize yourself with and take advantage of what your local government or non-profit organizations have to offer.
A step-by-step process that informs and guides you through the layoff process.
- careers.wa.gov - Search for job opportunities within state government and create your profile.
- Employment Services - Search for and apply for jobs in the state of Washington.
- WorkSource Centers - Locate the nearest center to view the many services and workshops they have available.
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation - If you have a disability and want to work, the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation may be able to assist you.
- Employment Services for Persons with Developmental Disabilities (DDD) - Access DDD services and/or other community resources for which you are eligible and have a need.
Health Care Authority
Contact your employer’s human resource or payroll office or Washington State Health Care Authority.
Get free help finding health care coverage for you and your family Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors (SHIBA) HelpLine. This is a free service offered through the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner.
Contact the Washington State Retirement Systems for information on retirement accounts and deferred compensation program accounts.
For unemployment compensation information contact the Employment Security Department.